Monday, October 4, 2010

Was Jeff Reed hung Over? Thoughts on Week 4


Steelers

  • Two missed field goals? Reed missed two, one from 49 yards and one from 45 yards. Really? Look, I know those are not short kicks, but this is Jeff Reed. One the Steelers' huge advantages at home is Reed's ability to kick field goals in the swirling winds of Heinz Field. The two missed kicks came back to haunt the Steelers at the end of the game. It makes one wonder, was he hung over? We know he likes to party. By the way, that's really him in the picture above. Just picture him without the bib. There you go.
  • Ravens tight end Todd Heap called it a "huge win". From the Ravens perspective, he is right. The Steelers would have been leading the division by two games if they had won. It amazes me how this guy dominates every time he plays the Steelers.
  • OK, this loss sucks. Know one wants to lose, and especially not to the old Browns. Yeah, they are still the Browns to me. But all in all, the Steelers are looking fine. They almost won this game without Big Ben, who is back as of today. I would have been happy with a 2-2 start. The Steelers are 3-1 and tied for the division lead.
  • Flacco got his first win in Pittsburgh. Not to take away from his accomplishment, but does it really count without Roethlisberger on the field? OK, I am taking away from his accomplishment. It's a paper thin win. The Ravens barely pulled it out against the Steelers 4th string QB. Sorry Joe.
  • Some idiot at the bar yesterday was rooting for the Lions at the top of his lungs. They were playing the Packers. I usually would not judge anyone in this situation, since I am known for being quite loud during Steelers games. However, he then proceeded to also root for the Ravens just as loudly. I held my composure. I only called him a bastard and told him to shut up once. After the Steelers game ended, he had the audacity to ask me to root for the Lions. I declined.

NFL

  • The Redskins are at the top of the NFC Least. Yeah, that's how bad that division is.
  • After the Bills gave the Patriots a game last week. I picked them getting 5 1/2 against the Jets. Bad choice.
  • The Bengals lost to the Browns. Thank God they have T.O. and Ocho Cinco on that team. (Hee Hee)
  • T.O. had 222 yards yesterday and the Bengals still lost. I love it.
  • To the loud guy at Southside yesterday, I am glad your Lions are 0-4. Bastard.
  • The Jaguars stepped up and beat the Colts yesterday. Good job guys. Maybe Peyton & Co. aren't that dominate this year. That would be nice.
  • The Bears QB Jay Cutler sustained a concussion in their game against the Giants. I lived in Chicago for two years. They are a great fan base and the Bears are off to a great start. I hope he is back soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment