Monday, September 27, 2010

Thoughts on Week 3


Steelers


  • It was fun to watch the offense come alive. I had a feeling it would. Charlie Batch was impressive. His 24 yard third down run in the first quarter seemed to give the team a spark that ignited them for the rest of the game. Charlie ended the game with a 106.5 passer rating. I had a lot of people tell me this week that the Steelers weren't going anywhere with Batch. They went to 3-0. I like it.
  • Charlie had some great help. Mendenhall ran for 143 yards and Wallace had 2 touchdown catches. Not to mention how great the offensive line is looking. With all the injuries and substitutions, it's amazing.
  • Heinz Ward had his 80th touchdown, tying him at second with Jerome Bettis for the Steelers all time list.
  • Our defense is the best in the NFL, hands down. Keisel had his first career interception. He looked like an ox lumbering toward the goal line on the 79 yard return. But he made it.

NFL

  • The Chiefs are 3-0. Hell must have frozen over.
  • The 49ers are 0-3. Refer to above thought.
  • Eagles(2-1),Giants(1-2), Cowboys(1-2), Redskins(1-2). I heard this division referred to as the NFC Least the other day. Fitting. Have to give the Eagles credit. I thought they would be wrestling with the Redskins for last place. They are proving me wrong.
  • Michael Vick has a QB rating of 110. The highest of his career.
  • The Rams ended a 14 game losing streak by beating the Redskins with a back up quarterback. Pretty pathetic for Donovan and Co.
  • The Steelers and the Chiefs are the only undefeated teams in the NFL, both at 3-0. I wouldn't have taken that bet before the season started.
  • Steelers (3-0), Bengals(2-1), Ravens(2-1), Browns(0-3). I like it!!
  • That's right. The Browns are 0-3. Yeah, I saw that coming.
  • The Ravens and the Patriots could have at least covered the spreads on their games. Every week they both continue to give me more reasons to hate them.
  • Did anyone watch the Raiders/Cardinals game? And if so, why?

Quote of the Week:

"The league does not want us to be 4-0 with a mad Ben (Roethlisberger) coming back, I'll tell you that." — Wide receiver Hines Ward on the Steelers' 3-0 start


No comments:

Post a Comment