Friday, November 12, 2010

Two Bad Calls




As it is with most of Steeler Nation, I tend to be very emotional when it comes to my team. As you a can deduce from reading my last blog. Even though I am so emotional, and even though the name of this blog is "Brash and Bold", I try not to let my fervor blind me when writing about the team. It's probably a stupid endeavor. The title of the blog gives me permission to be a raving idiot. So when I see the Steelers commit three penalties in a row in the 4th quarter of the game, costing them 50 yards, my reaction is to blame them, not the penalty calling. And most of the time I am right. By the way, I do the same with the Mountaineers in my other blog. So what happens this time? Three days after I chastise the Steelers for committing stupid penalties in the 4th quarter of Monday night's game, the NFL sends the Steelers a letter apologizing for two of the three penalties that I wrote about. I am glad that Coach Tomlin filed a complaint to the NFL, and that the NFL responded the way they did. But no one likes eating crow. However,
I stand corrected. Only one of the penalties was stupid. But, I also stand by my opinion of the Steelers 4th quarter play. The team gave up many games last year in the 4th. And they are not playing well in the 4th quarter this year. Does anyone remember the end of the Baltimore game? I was going to compare the Steelers 4th quarter play to Marc-Andre Fleury's 3rd period play this year. But Fleury had a great game last night against the Tampa Bay Lightening. The Pens beat the Lightening 5-1. Fleury had 15 saves and .938 save percent. So you see, improvements can come later in the season. As I do for the Pens, I hope the Steelers late game woes have ended. Fleury looked good tonight, and the Steelers weren't as bad in the 4th against the "Bungles" as I thought they were.

I'll be more careful of such criticisms in the future. And I decided to fire one of my advisers. Evil Spock, you are out of here!!

No comments:

Post a Comment